Once you register on UShift and indicate your work preferences, you'll have the opportunity to match with great nearby jobs and start working right away.
Building a killer profile is the most effective way to get noticed by employers and significantly increase your chances of being hired.
Here are our quick tips:
1. Your photo
Show your best side to employers and upload a professional picture of yourself. It's a great way to create a strong first impression and inspire confidence in working with you.
- Choose a portrait or close-up picture of yourself
- Smile: it's not an ID and it helps connecting with the employer 😉
- Keep it simple: your photo should be of you, and only you. We suggest a neutral or plain background.
This is your chance to distinguish yourself and show how awesome you are. This short summary will help you stand out by highlighting your unique strengths and skills. Try to demonstrate in a few lines why you'll be a good fit for the jobs and the employers.
It can include:
- Details about your work experience: include the name of the companies, your tasks and your accomplishments. You can even include jobs you've already taken on UShift!
- Your strengths & skills for the jobs: highlight specific skills about the type of jobs you want to do (events, f&b, sales...). Tell us if you're good at making cocktails, if you are outgoing, or if you're passionate about photography.
- Your academic background
Exemple: I have one year of experience in F&B jobs, having worked in restaurants like Bali Thai and Audace Restaurant as Service Captain. I enjoy interacting with people, and am outgoing by nature. Apart from my expertise in the service industry, I am also interested in event jobs as I really love to meet and work with different people.
3. Job interests and experience
Fill in your details under “Job Interests/ Experience”. Tell the employers how long you’ve been working in each industry and role.
Also, choose industries you’re interested in. Even though you may have no experience, indicating your interest will allow us to show you more jobs on the app with employers in those industries. Some jobs don't require experience if you're motivated enough!
Indicate your availability. Opting into more time slots will enable UShift to show you more jobs.
5. Extra details to match you
Select the languages that you speak. Some jobs require a certain language, and your profile will be filtered via the language requirements.
Also, tell us if you have a driving license in order to unlock delivery jobs.
If you need help building your profile or advice on how to match with employers, you can contact us anytime on the UShift chat or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org!